Boulderz Camp FAQs 2023
Can I get some general info about camps?
- Boulderz Camp will be running a climbing day camp each week in July and August
- Available for kids ages 6-14
- Camp runs daily from 9am to 4pm with a 30 minute pickup and drop off window before and after (8:30am-4:30pm)
- We will be climbing 3/4 hours per day. The remainder of camp will include games, climbing lessons, arts and crafts as well as trips to the park/splash pads near the facility
- ONLY Full week bookings are available
- Single days are no longer available
- We are not offering before or after care for camps
What are you doing in terms of health and safety?
- Camper to counsellor ratio will be 6:1
- Cohorts will be either 6 or 12 children respectfully
- Cohorts are based on age and skill level, please include in the comment section of your booking if you would like your child to be in a cohort with someone
- Shared surfaces will be sanitized after each use and at the end of each day
- Each camper will have their own space assigned to them for storing their personal belongings
- Campers must have their own sunscreen and be able to apply it on their own
- Campers/parents will be asked about the camper’s health upon arrival each day
- Those with visible symptoms (eg: cough, sneeze, fever) will not be allowed to stay
- Guardians will be sent an “Authorized Pick-Up” form that they may fill out prior to camp, or fill out the first morning of camp. This form will be used to ensure safe pick up from camp each day.
- Campers must be able to follow all facility rules
How do I book ages 6-14?
- Book your child into one of our camps online http://bit.ly/BoulderzCamp
- Complete a new waiver for your child
- Available for kids ages 6-14
- Camp runs daily from 9am to 4pm with a 30 minute pickup and drop off time before and after (8:30am-4:30pm)
My Child wants to be an LIT how can they apply?
What activities will the campers be doing?
- Our full day camps offer children an opportunity to experience climbing in depth as well as building their self confidence and learning safety skills. Please know we will be climbing 3/4 hours per day.
- Climbing Adjacent activities (Rappelling, Ascending , Slack Lining etc.)
- We visit local parks and splash pads weather permitting
- Games and other Movement activities (Yoga, Stretching exercises etc.)
- Arts and Crafts
What do campers need to bring?
- Hand sanitizer if possible
- A 750ml Water Bottle
- Clean pair of running shoes
- Socks (if you are using rental shoes)
- Comfortable clothing for a day of physical activities
- Spare change of clothes
- Snacks, lunch, and water bottle (with their name on all items)
- Sunscreen (need to be able to apply it on their own)
- A hat
What about Friday pizza lunch?
A complimentary pizza lunch on Fridays will be provided for all participants.
What about lunch and snack program that was paid for?
We are preparing all meals and snacks at our Etobicoke location for campers at both locations.
What if my camper misses a day?
- Unfortunately we cannot offer any make up classes or refunds/credits due to a missed day of camp.
What is Boulderz current cancellation policy?
Payment is non-refundable. Store credit will be given if a program is canceled whether by the customer or by Force Majeure (e.g., government restrictions, natural disasters, etc.).
- 14 days notice is required to receive the full value as store credit.
- Cancellations with less than 14 days notice will receive 50% of the value as store credit.
- Cancellations partway through a program will receive 50% of the value of the remaining days as store credit.